I shot some last weekend with 120 gr partitions. There was an operator error with the chronograph so I don’t have great information.

I am using primed virgin (isn’t that the best kind? 😂) Federal brass, so I would assume they are Federal primers.

-Velocity (one shot) was 3025 FPS at 57.5 gr.
-Two of three shots touching at 58.5 gr. Missed velocity with chrono.
-Group was less than 1” with three shots at 59.5 gr no pressure signs. Missed velocity with the chrono.
-At 60.5 gr, only shot once, 3158 FPS, but there was powder residue around the primer (thus only one shot). I will be disassembling my loads over 60.5 gr.

Compression severe enough at 60+ gr that I adjusted the micrometer on my die in order to attempt to maintain consistent depth. I don’t recall when powder compression started, but I have it at least from 59.5 grains on. Case very full at 60 gr +. I did manage to squeeze in up to 62 gr - which was essentially filling the case completely to the mouth, but as I said, I will be disassembling loads over 60.5 gr. I am using a long drop tube and pouring slooooowly.

Per the Hodgdon/IMR website, anticipated velocity was 2962 FPS at 57 gr and 3172 FPS at 62 gr max. Looks like I am hitting max on charge well before IMR’s data, but they were using Remington brass and primers. I think my velocity is good and accuracy is looking excellent.

It seemed to burn kind of “cool”. Barrel did not seem to heat very quickly or as much as when I use RL-22. My usual load for this rifle and 120 gr partition and 53.5 gr Rl-22. I shot a group of those last weekend as well - average of 3140 FPS. That load is usually very accurate for me as well, but not always consistent (or is that the shooter? 😁) this why I am trying IMR 8133.

Worked up loads last night from 59.6 to 60.2 grains. Plan to shoot this morning. Will post again with results.

Last edited by Slope77; 09/28/19.