actually kaywoodie does sing that, quite well too.
my first exposure to a Krag was in the 50's my dad had one. loaned it to a brother in law who then hocked it. My dad swore it was one of the best deer rifles around.
fast forward many years and i still had Krag on the brain. I found one in a pawn shop northern nevada, bannerman conversion it turned out to be, for $175 bucks. it was a no brainer buy in that it had an original period sling, a muzzle cover, and a krag cleaning kit, all worth $175bucks, forget the rifle.
next one was a complete long rifle, untouched, cartouches and everything, followed a few years later by a carbine version.
mostly the only thing i have fired is home cast lead in the bannerman. A friend of mine has one obtained from his grandfather in the utah national guard,turn of the century, he still uses it on elk. i load the 220gr roundnose for him.

I was out in a blizzard a few years ago chasing deer. my exfriend was commenting on my choice of rifles a remington 760 carbine in 30.06, loaded with 220gr round nose, loaded to the krag load at 2000fps. he kept telling me it wasn't good beyond 100yards. That's why he is an ex friend.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO