"Unless the rifle is priced right and you like it, I think that almost any Marlin in the 700, 800, 900, and XT series made within that last 30 years is likely to be more accurate and easier to properly mount a scope on. Many .22 Magnum fan think that the tubular magazine Marlins in the 783, 883, and 983 series are among the best all-around .22 Magnum bolt guns yet to be made."

You forgot to add the 725M as a good shooting .22 WMR. Had a friend that owned one. After firing it a few times one afternoon at his place, I decided to start looking for a Marlin myself. Had another friend that owned a small Sporting Goods retail store, and he would allow me to order firearms at his wholesale cost. So, along with a Marlin 1897 CB .22 LR, I also ordered a Marlin 883S .22 WMR as I had read good reviews about them. Accurate is an understatement....taught my ex-wife to shoot with that rifle....had her popping egg's at 100 yards with it before she was through!

While loading/unloading is a bit of a pain if you live in a state where you must do that to enter a vehicle, it also has the advantage of never needing another magazine in case you lose one, and it holds quite a few rounds.

It likes Fiocchi ammo and Armscor, go figure!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~