I have the opportunity to pick up plenty of brass at our local range...

What I don't pick up there, I buy from one of our campfire members who owns a shop here in town...The BrassMan..
he get used brass from Police Depts, Sierra Bullets, Weatherby etc..

since I use to live near Anoka MN, where Federal is located, I prefer it a lot due to that fact alone..

I haven't had the issues you guys mention about primer pockets being loose...
yeah, I use CCI primers a lot and S & B ( they were on sale at Oregon Located Cabelas a lot, for cheap)

223 and 243 predominantly, as the most common calibers I shoot a lot of...
and then range pick up 308, I neck down to 260 Rem...

even tho I run a lot of low pressure loads for range duty, I also run a lot at max SAAMI pressures, and using a lot of powder in the IMR 4895 and 4064, 3031 range...

Loose primer pockets has not been an issue... I anneal every time I reload them, after reading that is what Scenarshooter is doing for his...ya can't go wrong following whatever Pat does....I'm seeing 20 and 30 loads out of them, and still have life left in the cases... to include the primer pockets...

whether I get them from John Johnson over at BrassMan... or they are range pickup... my cost investment is low, so I could toss them... but I don't do so, until the brass gives up the ghost....

any loose pockets in any brass, I switch to CCI primers and keep the pressure down in the 40K to 45K pressure range according to the reload manuals....and they keep working just fine...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez