Last Monday I took another deer with my bow for my local municipality. We have an abundance of deer so we have a program in which the town gets tags from the DNR and local bowhunters are given the tags for free allowing the taking of both bucks and does to reduce the deer population. In the first week I took a doe, the 2nd week another doe and last Monday this 8 pointer. They have given me another tag. Thus far no other Deer have been killed under this program but I expect others will kill some as the temps drop. If a bowhunter takes a buck under this program they are not allowed to keep the antlers. They must be turned in with the head for CWD testing (this is a smart plan and it keeps people from only hunting bucks)

All three of these whitetail I've killed have been taken with the same 250 grain woodsman broadhead that I re-sharpen after each kill

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ive donated all the deer Ive killed under this program to co-workers or friends that want the meat. As I type this, the live weight of all the animals I've killed with a bow in 2019 is over 1,900 pounds and more than my family can eat so the deer I kill are gifted/donated.

Then I loaded up the truck for another traveling bow hunt in another state as this weekend was the Wisconsin youth gun Deer hunt. Im not a fan of bowhunting in blaze orange and being in a tree with youth hunting with high powered rifles. This traveling bowhunting adventure was a whitetail hunt. Im using the same re-sharpened woodsman head to see if I could take a 4th deer with it. Here are some images and video of this most recent bow hunt.

4th deer with the same woodsman head.

And the self filmed video.

My last traveling bowhunting adventure thread here is near 8 pages and 8,000 views so its clear folks enjoy tagging along since its clear most here are not hunters or bowhunters and don't kill anything. Others (like montancreek) enjoy whining so I started this thread for the jealous pugs like him to piss and moan. You are welcome. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 10/07/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,