Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
40 x 50 feet ? Holy crap that's funny. Teach them to go in the neighbors yard, assuming they have one. I wouldn't even have a dog with a "yard" that small. Borders on animal cruelty.

Kidding right? My yard in the back is about double that. With the 6ft vinyl fence I can shoot my bow 25 yards, my air rifle and teach my lab basic obedience and hand signals. 40x50 isn’t bad, how many serious dog owners have kennels outside anyway and take the dogs elsewhere for serious training.

My next dog will be a setter and I’m putting in a kennel for the days I have to leave her.
No I'm not kidding. My back yard is about 1.5 acres and there's thousands of acres of woods behind that with a 20 acre horse pasture to the side between me and the neighbors. My dogs are never tied or fenced in. I wouldn't have dogs with what amounts to no place for them to run.

Well to each his own. You are blessed to live in the country, not all of us are so lucky. And I’m sure they are under complete control, never leaving your property to do damage or mischief. Good for you.
No they're not in complete control and there's absolutely no need for them to be. Sometimes they go down to visit the neighbors and play with their dogs and sometimes the neighbors dogs come up here to romp with mine. In the 12 years I've lived here there's never been a problem or complaint. The only exception is my German shepherd. She doesn't leave my property without me for fear she might bite somebody.