Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Just run it the way it's set up now--you won't gain anything appreciable over it.

Buy another AR to set up the way you want with a longer free float handguard.

My goal is not longer. Other's have suggested that as an approach to consider. I think it does justify another rifle or two though....

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
'Boomer,

Handguard cap, as already noted. I'll just add that there is round and triangular handguard caps. Typically, round is used on the carbine length gas system, and triangular on the mid and rifle. But there are a few exceptions.

If you use an aftermarket handguard like that UTG you posted up, or others that are used in conjunction with the handguard cap, make sure it fits your handguard cap shape. Some fit either cap, some don't.

Thanks again. I saw references to the triangular thingy, err, hand guard cap. So, having freefloat compatibilty per my barrel nut style and gas block diameter is needed. Or for a two piece, length and cap style.... On another tangent, a longer sight radius would come from an A2 rifle length gas system, or a long freefloat hand guard and rail mounted front sight. Among other options. I'll need more ARs.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?