Rather interesting experience here gents involving tru-oil AND boiled linseed oil.

Im refinishing a rifle stock of mine and decided to use Tru-Oil. Ive done several in the past so I'm not a total rookie...but this last effort i tried something different. After stripping and burnishing etc i applied Tru-Oil as normal. I used about 12 coats, all hand rubbed in and very very thin. The first three or so soaked in and the rest built up the standard high gloss finish. Here is where it gets interesting...after letting the last tru-oil coat dry for 72 hrs i knocked down the shine with a fine scotch bright. I blew it off with a compressor and tack cloth...and then applied boiled linseed oil...rubbed in again by hand. The idea is that i like applying BLO as a maintaining finish as it looks great and isn't as messy and has an easer cleanup than tru-oil. The results are pretty darn good if i do say so myself.

The question is this...will BLO bond sufficiently to Tru-Oil? It seems to be drying ok...but its slow as you all know. The brand I'm using is Klean Strip which is linseed oil and metallic driers.

GOD Bless America