Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
This one was supposed to be a donor action for a 6.5 CM. First at the range with the dsevelopment loads put that idea to bed. smile

You should know better than to shoot the donor. Hasn't anyone ever told you that here? By the way, savage rifles generally shoot well enough that you really should know better. Even the real el cheapo steven's 200 rifles shoot great:

I call it "cheap accuracy"....;
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ch, if you really want a good savage at an awesome deal, check out the Cabela's exclusive 12FV. They sell them in creedmoor for $319.00 on sale. Regular price is $419.00. They are good shooters and then there's no need to re-barrel your rifle:

Seeing the same performance out of my Savage products also Lawrence...I have the same Stevens 22.250... and it yields the same results....loaned it to a friend whose handicapped and he dodged giving it back....for a couple of seasons...

I picked up an Axis for $269 at Wally World, in 223 with a one in 7 twist, and gave him that, just to get the 22.250 back...
I have 3 other take off Stevens barrels for it in 3 other calibers....main reason I wanted it back...

a BiMart purchase in Axis 243, that is stainless and has some sort of winter camo'ed stock on it, that says Cabela's Exclusive.. $269 for that one... gave away the cheap 3 x 9 scope on top to some kid for his 10/22....that one seems to like to shoot 3 shot groups of 6mm bullets, into what looks like one 30/06 sized hole ....$250 Cabelas house brand 223 scope on top with 30 mm tube... I think some of these low ball priced Axis IIs are a lot better than a Ruger American...

that and then some Howa's at Whitaker's prices.....the Ruger American is out of sight out of mind for me...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez