My quest has been for a scope with AO down to 2 yards. I NEED it for shooting close up forest grouse with a .22 rifle. Over the past several years I have kept track and most of my misses have been closer than 7 yards. 15 yards out to my recent best grouse at 56 yards is no problem compared to grouse in the 2 to 10 yard range.

I will admit part of the problem is some eye surgeries that messed up my eyes on close range focus. But part is height of sight above bore at close range, and part is parallax, which increases with close range and higher magnification. If we shoot things up close with a scope, we need parallax adjustment because it its a greater problem up close.

My solution for now is to go with a one power scope, which comes close to eliminating parallax.

I think it is Leapers that has an airgun scope that adjusts down to 3 yards. Users started calling it a Bug Buster because people dial it up close and shoot house flies, and now the company markets it under that name. I tried one, didn't like some of the other features.