The original panels on my 4x4 blind (sits atop a 6 foot stand) - it is about 5'7 at the door and 5'10 at the front and makes for one of the few times in life being short is an advantage!!! The original OSB came with that camouflage wallpaper stuff that lasted maybe two years. I painted over that some years back but the tin roof had no overhang so water ran off the roof and down the sides. Bottom edge of that osb acted like a sponge. I had hoped to get another year out of it but the carpenter ants discovered it as you can see from the 'before' pic.

I took measurements and cut near to size panels from 3/8" plywood at the house and painted all including the trim. I numbered every piece. Got to the stand and peeled back the edges of the original tin roof an removed the top pieces of trim. Then removed all the screws and took off the trim and sides one by one. I laid the old side over the new one laying on saw horses and traced out the window openings. Made a new door and painted the hardware black and also the legs black - really made it look put together.

New tin roof overhangs a bit , as planned, and is corrugated. Three of my buddies removed it from one of their homes about to be demolished a few years ago- yes I had this in mind for part of it. Should help keep excess water off sides. I want to keep those corrugated openings so plan is to paint the underside of the overhanging roof a sky blue color and to fill those opening with a little screening.

I still need to paint a little trim as you can see but....pretty happy with it.

Thought or suggestions relative to the building of the stand?? You can save your opinion of using one.

Before - obviously
[Linked Image]

After. Buddy told me "well....its better than that pink"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Two minor additions. The small black door handle. Should make it steadier to balance when opening etc...

The hook on the right side is for hanging the rifle or backpack getting in and out . My buddy's stand is 10' up and I put one in for him same day. Can get a little scary at the top in high winds etc...

I plan to add visors (or whatever )over the other two windows. My dear wife made the new curtains....got a new sewing machine outta the deal. Ain't complaining.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius