I bought my deer camp 30 yrs ago. It was 7 ac. on the fLambeau River in northern Wisconsin. We had 8 or 9 hunters one year and now it is just my son and me. For deer hunting, it is all but useless. The bear and grouse hunting is good however if you can get a bear tag. The smallmouth fishing is ok if you want to catch 10" bass but that is it. The camp is dying and I have only been there twice this year. Once to check on it in April and in August to fish for 10" smallmouth. The two properties are both for sale on each of my sides and has been for over a year. The winter was real bad again this year and the deer numbers are way down again . Thirty yrs ago I could go in the woods and see a few deer .Now , I only hunt it for gun season and only 1 or 2 days cause being there is only for memories that are fading away. My dad, is gone, brother, 2 brother in laws quit 15 yrs ago. They dont hunt and wont go there . Other BIL stopped many yrs ago too. I would like to just get rid of it , although I should shave a bear tag next yr. and my son the year after, I think. After that , I am sure my son will quit too. I will go there only cause I have no other place except in S.E. Wisconsin public land and it is very tough with all the hunters. I may just hunt 5 miles from home some day and forget northern Wisconsin.

I still enjoy being there but feel awful that my son will never know what decent hunting is at deer camp.

Last edited by ihookem; 10/13/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23