Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Yondering
[quote=StarchedCover]

Also - 8208 is NOT a very temp sensitive powder. In fact it's one of the least temp sensitive powders available for the Grendel.

I've got brass that begs to differ wink

Are you sure you're not thinking of a different powder?

All powders show some degree of temp sensitivity, but 8208 is one of the more stable powders, and one of the best suited to mid-weight Grendel loads. Of course if you load right up to the ragged edge of max in cool weather, almost any powder will show pressure signs when it gets hot enough.

Can you name any other appropriate Grendel powder that is less temp sensitive for you than 8208? I don't think I can from my own use. I use a lot of 8208 with 120-123gr Grendel loads and haven't found anything more stable, although there are a number of other powders that work reasonably well.

Benchmark "might" be more stable, I have not run any tests. In my rifle maximum 8208 XBR loads started showing pressure signs(ejector swipes) in hotter summer temps. Those same loads shot really well in colder temps( maybe +50 down to +20 or so). So just be aware when your loading with that powder. I still use it and works fine. I just backed off a 1/2 grain. It's really not that uncommon. Reloader 7 is about the worst I've tried.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne