IMO go with binoculars.

We do a great deal of glassing for coues wt in S. Az. Also use the system for other game animals. Most of the guys I know that do this, including me, use the Swarovski 15X binoculars with a tripod. What you will find is amazing. I remember when had been using 10X on a tripod for several years and switched to the 15X swaros. I kept seeing spikes running with several does. At first I thought wow this is a special year with all those small bucks then it hit me, I was unable to see them with the lower power binos!

An earlier poster said put your existing binos on a tripod. That would be a good starting point. I watch hunting shows where they are out looking for animals and hand holding their binos. If they only knew how many animals they were missing! The trick is to pan horizontally in small amounts so field of views overlap slightly. Hold binos still and watch for a few seconds. Then move to next view. After covering the area move up (or down) and pan horizontally again repeat until entire area has been viewed. Often on the second or third complete survey of opposing slope you will suddenly see an animal! Often you will see a tiny movement or perhaps part of a deer. Using a tripod will give you this edge. Add higher power and you will see stuff others won't see.

Last edited by Azshooter; 10/15/19.