Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by lastround
I’ve had a pair of Muck boots for almost 20 years. Couldn’t ask for a rubber boot to be any better, but they are about done. I’ll replace them with another pair of Muck’s.

If your mucks are 20 yrs old then you have a pair from the first year of production in 1999. The company was sold in 2003 and it's my personal belief that current offerings aren't what they used to be.

If you are looking for a new pair, take a look at "dryshod". The original inventor of mucks is working with them now.

Yeah, same issue for me Dave.

Just bought a pair of insulated Bog's ! They feel like the original Mucks.

Only time will tell.

Definitely going to need them this deer season.

This is what I got;

[Linked Image from bogsfootwear.ca]

The Bogs® Classic High is your all-round hunting boot built for warmth and comfort. Constructed with durable hand-lasted rubber and 7mm Neo-Tech insulation. Comfort rated from temperate to cold conditions. The upper reaches high and is absolutely waterproof so you can wade through creeks and sink into snowdrifts without a second thought.

100% Waterproof
Durable hand-lasted rubber and a four way stretch inner bootie
Classic mossy oak patterned overlay
Non-slip, non-marking and self-cleaning outsole
Aegis antimicrobial odor protection insole with scent elimination
Comfort rated from temperate to Arctic (-40*F) conditions
Constructed with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech
Height: 15”
Circumference at calf 16"
Weight 4lbs per pair
Available in sizes 7-18
100% satisfaction guaranteed

I snagged a pair of dry shod last week. I've worn them a couple times now, they seem to be more substantial in construction compared to muck, so far so good. Pricing is on par with much offerings that are visually less impressive in overall construction.

Something clever here.