Rick,

Mine is just an ordinary, uncheckered EG that happens to be in 22 HP. No special factory markings. Takedown barrel, of course, but no partial ser. no. on barrel. The two good things about it are the caliber and the fact that there are no non-factory holes drilled in it.

I have posted some pictures in the image gallery titled "Savage 99EG - 22 Hi Power". If someone could move them here, I would appreciate it. I know I have seen the instructions on how to do this several times, but can't seem to find them now. Rick, could we make a sticky of the instructions and put it right below the Image Gallery instructions?

You will notice in the photos that a previous owner stamped "BOB" on both sides of the receiver. The wood has been varnished. The scope is a Weaver K3. The scope was on it when I bought the rifle. The front sight was a very high sight that looked out of place with the scope on it. I replaced it with a home-made blank made out of a front sight that came on another 99 I bought long ago.