Originally Posted by Windfall
Slings lighten your load... of game meat. That might not be the case for guys who hunt different, more open areas than I do here in the Midwest. A mega buck taught me a valuable lesson years ago when I rounded some brush with my rifle over my shoulder instead of in my hands where it belonged and there he was...gone. That day I decided that if I was too tired to carry my rifle, I belonged back in camp. The only time I sling a rifle is when I am climbing a tree, done hunting for the day or pulling out a deer. What has worked the best for me is a camo colored nylon sling made wide enough to go over my shoulder and head for a cross chest carry. Nylon because it is light weight, impervious to moisture and doesn't have or hold scent like leather.

Safari Sling will solve that.
Been using one exclusively since 1990. It's unconventional and folks don't know what to think at first. Almost to a person everyone who has followed me decides they want one too.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.