Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Brad, that's the best advice so far....

However, have found the 200-grain Partition very consistent in both deep penetration and "killing power" on elk in cartridges from the .30-06 up through .300 Weatherby. Have been using it since 1977, when it was a "semi-spitzer." Once killed a quartering-on 6x6 at 75 yards with the 200 started at 2900+ from a .300 Winchester Magnum. The only reasonable clear shot was the left shoulder joint, and the 200 split the joint, then made a mess of both lungs before exiting at rear of the rib-cage on the other side.

Im in agreement with you John. I've had elk catch the 180, but the 200gr. partition has sailed right through, even at 30-06 speeds and up close... I find the 200gr to be much better at penetration than the 180. The 200's always seem to be excellent shooters too. They don't seem to be as finicky as the 180's in the accuracy department.. When I was using my 300wm, I always started them out at 2900 fps as well... Great combo for elk hunting as far as I'm concerned..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA