Originally Posted by Windfall
Most of my bow kills have been from down wind ground level to get the best shot angle. If I told you how high the "penthouse" rifle seat was, you would call BS. My palms just broke out in a sweat thinking about it. That was in a big white pine on the edge of a regenerating logged over poplar growth. Food and security for a deer where you couldn't see 20 yards into that tangle from ground level. Those darn poplar saplings grew about 2' a year and you had to get above them to see down into them. My best rifle bucks have come from one stand at about 35'. That got me above their scent line and below most of the surrounding tree canopy. As I've gotten older, self preservation is more important than another deer and I'm becoming grounded.

up high to get the scent above them.

So what do you do early and late in the day as the air is cooler or cooling and scent always sinks at the best time to hunt for the most part?

I've had thermals bust me enough to know that the only game to play is wind direction. Even if that direction is veritcal

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....