Some great ideas for open sights folks.

Here in Alaska, Ruger has hit a home run for the perfect Alaskan rifle recipe: affordability, 20 inch barrel, integral bases, rugged open sights, all in 338 rcm, 375 ruger and the 416 ruger

I wish they'd make an RS-style or guide gun in 358 winchester and 9.3x62 mauser. Modify the clunky follower by thinning it to make it a five down gun. Id be the first to buy one.

I've owned a professionally sporterized german k98 mauser where the scope base screws were drilled off center, rendering scope adjustments useless. I've also had 6-48 base screws shear off under recoil on another rifle.

I've had my BLR and Savage 99 jam with a certain contour bullet. I've had both my Browning 1895 and my savage 99 fail to extract a case from a dirty chamber. The cheesy extractors slip right off the rim.

The Mauser-style CZ 550 and the Ruger 77 are some serious dmn rifles. When the model 70 winchesters production has been all over the place, with erratic quality, the Ruger 77 just keeps on getting better.

I'd take a used $500 dollar Ruger any day of the week over a $3000 dollar pre 64 model 70.