Were it me I would go red pad/ebony tip. Prince of Wales pistol grips look foreign to our eyes, but I've done a couple over the years and have come to like them. The open design of the grip is conducive to aiding in snap shooting.

One thing I've done on two rifles is to put a small bit of ebony on the bottom of the PoW grip, in place of the naked wooden knob- 1/4-3/8" thick and blended into the rounded shape of the knob. A dot of ivory in its center as a subtle embellishment, with a single initial scrimshawed thereon, would be a classy touch that I've threatened to do but never got around to. The small piece of ebony at the bottom of the grip also helps tie in the butt with the ebony tipped forearm.

Optics or irons as primary sighting equipment? That'll drive comb height and also effect decision about PoW grip shape. That style grip loses something in the translation if comb is high, IMO only. (Low comb can be used with scope as secondary/backup to iron/receiver sights, not so much the other way around.)

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/23/19.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty