So a new one for me last night. Been rifle and bow hunting all my life, first time with an inline muzzleloader. Shot was 135 yards broadside, cva accura v2, 250 grain powerbelt aerolite, two imr white hots.

At the shot, doe does a gold medal floor routine and is down. Check on her through scope and she is laying down with her head up looking around. Ok, reload and check again, deer gone. Hmm. Walk up to where she went down to find a large puddle of lung blood. Follow short trail into the goldenrod where we find her alive. Finish her off, (this is the rodeo part) about 25-30 minutes after the initial shot.

Examination showed both shoulder bones destroyed, double frontal lung. Thoughts on why this doe lived so long? I've heard of deer hit in one lung doing pretty well, but this is the first deer I've seen put up such a fight with both shoulders and both lungs hit. She acted like she was fine other than the front wheels being off. Really got to me not making a clean kill on what I thought was a slam dunk.

Any thoughts?