Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Update on this. I did a quick google search and found a local "gunsmith". Stopped by to see them, talked to one of the owners about doing it and he said it wouldn't be a problem, got a price of $35 per hole, and I left one of the barreled actions with him then and stopped by to drop the second off yesterday.

When I stopped by yesterday I was handed my original barreled action and told they weren't able to do it. Seems they'd drilled it out and partially tapped it but had a problem and were scared to mess up the action. So now I'm stuck with a hole I can't use the original 8-36 with and isn't tapped deep enough to hold the Bad Ord bottom metal pillar tight with the 1/4-28. Gave me a discount so I only had to pay $25 rather than $35....great deal...only cost me $25 to make it unusable.

https://kodasgunandpawn.com/

Is the steel extra hard for some reason ?? This is a pretty mundane chore unless the steel is something special. Ruger stainless steel is pretty hard and doesn't cut well if you have a highspeed steel tool. Carbide drill bits are required to cut it to the right dimension before taping. I have heard the K98's, Edyfields and 1903's can have some super hard steel.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.