Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'd toss the damn vertical split fuggers in the trash can and at least buy a set of PRW's. There are a lot of great options (at many price points), that will fit on that rail...

I'm very suspect of the rail mounting itself, as he says it was "glass bedded" onto the rifle. Not that glass bedding a rail is a bad thing, but I'm wondering if he actually removed the screws from the rail and action and checked every one to see if it was actually grabbing the receiver. Did he use longer screws in the area that needed the bedding? If it's not the scope (which I've had those (yes that brand) go bad a few times), it's the mounting system...

I will definitely be looking for different rings. I really wish I saw some bad reviews about them before I bought them in the first place.

On subject of bedding I find the rail to be very straight but did see a tiny gap over back bearing surface when I only had front screws in place. The gap was almost but not quite large enough to shove a thin sheet of paper under it. I could have probably inserted all screws and be done with it but I wanted to do best that I could do. So based on friend’s’ recommendation, I applied epoxy under back bearing surface only and I only had front bearing screws in place when I did that. There is no gap now and all surfaces on a rail are flat. All screws were and are now again torqued at 20 in-pds with blue loctite. I’m not sure how else I should address that rail.

Last edited by Frankk; 10/25/19.