I have used Bergers and they worked fine. I have changed to Barnes TTSX’s in all of my rifles except for one as the TTSX always exits and causes less bloodshot meat.

OP,

the 100 gr TTSX at 3100+ from a 22” barrel in my .260 is one of my favorite deer and pig bullets. It has produced DRT out to 250 yards, which is the longest shot with it to date. The closest was on a 150 pound pig at 30 yards and the 100 TTSX produced a through and through wound passing through the skull, which is a significant test for a bullet. It will go faster, but that was a good accuracy node, which your 6.5 CM should be able to achieve. I worked up the load for kids, but after trying it, I use it often because of the reliable terminal results. Give them a try. H414 or H4350, whatever is findable.

In fairness to szihn, another hunter posted similar Berger failure today in another thread on another forum.

Originally Posted by jmm
I was in Africa recently doing a management hunt for a wildlife conservancy. There was a hunter from Denver there with a new Christensen .300 WM. He brought 185 grain Berger Classic Hunter loads. The first day he shot a mature waterbuck. The bullet did not penetrate the shoulder socket and had to be shot 2 more times to bring it to the end of its suffering. The next day they shot a gemsbok and it ran off with a crater in its shoulder. Never recovered. I guess they work well on whitetail, mule deer and antelope, but they did not work on 500 pound animals in Africa.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7645118/300-wm