If you are hitting shoulders, and want insurance, just go with an 85 Partition, Layne Simpson used them...

Bob Milek...he used the 85 BTHP often with success a good one, the 70s I believe are perhaps tougher than some might think, and surely more than the 55s in 6mm. The 87s are GOOD killers per reports from a reputable source, even the BTHP but I'd hedge the SP as more reliable to open. I ran 120 SP in a 7BR and they expanded well and had around 50-60% weight retention on deer.

I ran the Sierra BTHP 85s in the 22" TC Carbine I had, speeds around 2800-2900 IIRC, the 12" twist did fine, but a 10 or faster would have been better. If you ever found any 70 grain solid base Noslers, now discontinued they would do fine, but the newer BTs may have the same jacket specs. Out of a 14" - the 70s might do all you need, less speed, more bullet integrity on impact. Run what is most accurate and place your shot, you will be eating fresh venison smile I ran 70 TNTs in that carbine also, but if you hit bone, it will not do well. I killed a few deer with neck shots and lung shots, no problem. Would not try neck shots with a handgun unless very close.

Bobby Tomek is a wealth of info, I concur, PM him....