Originally Posted by Tstorm1
Just came across your thread and you're going to be happy with that purchase! A year ago I bought a used Bergara Ridge in 300WM that had 13 shots through it. Had a 20MOA rail on it by Precision Hardcore Gear and a muzzle brake by Muzzle Brakes and More (MBM). Like others have said RL22 or 4831, both have very similar burn rates and I have gotten excellent results from H4831. Follow the break in procedure, then keep shooting and cleaning it...your groups will keep getting tighter with each cycle. I quickly developed a load when I got it with Nosler BT 168gr for whitetails and it made very short work of one buck (DRT). I just got around to developing a load using Berger 190gr VLD Hunting bullets and put 5 into 0.3"! One thing I noticed is make sure your brass is all the same. Mixed might be fine for short range, but mine varied POI an inch or so at 100 yards just by switching case manufacturers. My days of using mixed brass are now behind me with everything I shoot. I've got my load data in an Excel spreadsheet, I'll drop you a PM with the info. Picked up new Ridge in 270 a couple days ago and had it at the range today for break in, with cheap Winchester 130gr loads it was shooting one inch already.

Excellent! Appreciate it. Yes I would like to see your info. Thanks again.

89-92 7th INF. DIV.
92-93 RASP-Ranger Tab
93-97 1ST BN