Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yesterday at Peter's Sink (a mountain hollow between Logan and Bear Lake in N.E. Utah) the automated weather station recorded 43.6 degrees. BELOW ZERO.

Peter's Sink is long known as being the coldest place in Utah. Yesterday's reading set an all-time low for the month of October, but temps there have hit -69 as recently as 1985. That's the second lowest temp ever in the Continental US.

it use to get a lot colder than that when I lived in Minnesota...

but then I'm talking about between my soon to be ex wife and me.....

that was even during the summer time...

Coldest temp I've ever experienced was in Chicoutimi Quebec back in the early 70s...

the locals were telling me it hit 72 below that night... I had left my car running all night locked up..

got back the next night into Franconia Notch in New Hampshire, and it hit like 50 below...

that felt warm compared to the previous night up in Chicoutimi P.Q.

for the last 10 days or so, the days and night have been wonderful here in Southern Oregon...cloudless blue skies..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez