Originally Posted by draebi
That is my problem, I know the pressure that is on it now will change as conditions change. I just do not know how it will effect groups or point of impact. If I could free float and bed it I know it will make it more consistant but I am also concerned by doing this it will negatively effect how it is shooting now. If I knew I could do this and accuracy would remain it would be a no-brainer but little affraid of messing up a good thing. Thanks, Ryan

Ryan,

One of the nice things about bedding a barrel channel is that it is not permanent. You can always remove some, or add more whenever you want to.

Gale McMillan once said that he had seldom seen a rifle that did not benefit from having the barrel free floated...IF the receiver and bottom metal were properly bedded to support that barrel sticking out there all by itself.

Bedding is like just about everything else. It can be done properly or poorly. I have never seen a rifle that was properly bedded that was less accurate than it was before. The operative word is �properly.�