I’ve pretty much found that small town and rural people are easygoing and easy to talk to. Even a hick like me, never been more than 100 miles from home until I joined the Army, and I’d get along fine with somebody from the Deep South, Maine, Michigan or wherever. You’ll find a few idiots, but for the most part, what you see is what you get. Nobody tries to impress anybody else, nobody puts on airs of superiority.
But if you get into a city, Philadelphia, New York, Seattle, Las Angeles Houston or Atlanta. It just seems like the majority of people go outta their war to impress everyone else with their money and education.
This right here is why we have the division and animosity that’s got this country coming apart at the seams. And the more you make or the more you know, the more superior you are to everybody else, and the more you gotta show it by telling them how they oughtta live and raise the families.
It’s a really comforting thought that more and more small town and rural kids are moving into big cities every year. We’re losing the things and the people who made this country what it is and what it’s supposed to be.
If you’re in touch with the earth, you’re in touch with humanity. If you’re not, you’re not.
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 11/01/19.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden