I'm tired of wasting powder and bullets. I know the 140 is the do-all bullet weight in the 280 but I've tried multiple bullet/powder combos and accuracy goes to hell every time I get above about 2825fps. Rifle is my Dad's Ruger M77 MarkII. It's been bedded, floated, trigger worked, magazine not binding, etc. All the normal M77 tricks.

Luckily it shoots 120gr NBTs over H414 into just over 1/2 inch at 3150fps. It also shoots 160 SGKs over RL26 into an inch at 2975. Too bad RL26 has disappeared off the face of the planet.

I was hoping to find a 140gr load in the 2950-3000fps range since my 7mm-08 will shoot that bullet weight at 2815, but my barrel is having none of it. I'm sure those 120s will do the trick on small southern whitetails at any reasonable ranges, which is all my dad will probably ever use it for.

I may try a 150gr NBT just for kicks when the season is over. Those seem to be accurate in just about every 7mm flavor of rifle I've ever tried them in.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.