I have a quality deer lease in East Texas this year that is pretty full of deer, hogs and coyotes. I have never gotten into any type of varmint hunting before but with all year access to the property, I would like to try it out. I have a lot of coyotes on my game cameras, multitude of tracks and hear them howling a lot basically all day long when I am on the property. When Deer season is over I plan on getting out into a stand and trying it out.

If I was harvest a quality coyote and I would want to have it mounted, would the following calibers I have be "too much" and be destructive? Having never shot a coyote before, I am seeking advice.

I have the following caliber rifles, .300 win mag ( I do have down loaded sst loaded ammo that makes it essentially a .308), and a .308.

What ammunition and bullets would you recommend for a coyote application? thanks

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.