My son recently purchased a stock from Richards. It was very expensive wood, and inlet, cost him somewhere upwards of $500, quite a bit more actually with shipping, and it was terrible.
The pistol grip was cracked, the inlet was way to far forward, resulting in the action being in completely the wrong place. The wood was not very decent either, with several flaws.
He immediately called them back and complained about the work, the wood, and the cost. They told him because it was a custom job he could go pound sand.

I have used Richards a bit in the past, but would never recommend them in the future, will never do business with them again. They are total crap in my mind from this point forward.
While my experience in the past was alright, this was beyond measure. The stock is completely worthless in my book. Cant fix an inlet that is over an inch too far forward. Pathetic work, terrible customer service, unbelievably bad.
I would build a stock out of an old fence post before I would ever do business with Richards again.
re

Beware the man with one gun, for he likely knows how to use it...