I have several Weaver (El Paso made) scopes.....one a K-6 and the others K-4. I bought the K-6 57 years ago and it was used then!!! I had it reblued and nitrogen filled many years back and it's still (seemingly) in fine shape.

That said I put it on a Remington 700 .30-06 and it seems to not move well.....I dial it two inches right and it moves three. I bring it back an inch and it doesn't change anything.

Further it seems to have variable settings as at times it gives me three shot groups around and inch and the next time it produces three inch groups. As a matter of fact this is about the same grouping I had on the original gun (a Remington 760 pump) way back then.

Now I'm very aware that this doesn't mean the scope is bad....it could be other things.
It seems to be my memory that JB has done extensive work with rifle scopes testing for these types of things.....so....my question to JB (or anyone that can lend credible posts)…..just where do the El Paso Weaver scopes stand in the light of much more modern scopes....or would I be much better served with a Leupold or other medium priced sciope?