Originally Posted by Rodell
I got out some loads in 300 Weatherby that I assembled in 2016 to sight in my Elk rifle. The velocity was quite a bit higher than I remembered, and, I couldn't match it with some new loads to go with them by a few hundred fps.

I pulled a couple of the bullets with a collet puller and they were really in there! A substantial difference in force from pulling "fresh" loads. Clearly the reason the velocity was up there.

These were Barnes TTSX's loaded in squeaky clean cases (wet tumbled and my notes don't say anything about excessive seating force and I wouldn't have continued if they didn't feel normal).

What can I do to keep this from happening once again (besides shooting up all my loads!) and still keeping consistent neck tension?

Squeeky clean is the problem. One of the reasons I don't wet tumble. Its good to have a little soot on the inside of the cases... Never hurt a damn thing and I load some pretty accurate ammo.. Just sayin..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nothing wrong with it being clean, as long as it's the outside. Not the inside... That or you can lube the inside with graphite before seating the bullet. An extra step for you guys that wet tumble, but it may be necessary. I'll continue to keep using media to tumble my brass... And no, I never leave case lube on my cases. That's just stupid...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA