Gunsmith Kevin Weaver in Peyton, Colorado, finished a new 7 Mashburn just in time for elk season!

I took delivery 28 August 19. Kevin actually went a bit out of his way and dropped it off locally on his way through Cheyenne. Because he's pretty awesome like that.

Rifle details:
Wood from Roger Vardy in Australia
Stock and metal work done by Kevin (I think he sent the bolt out for bolt checkering)
Borden Timberline Magnum action (SS steel)
#2 Krieger, 8-twist (CM steel)
Dakota bottom metal
Nitride coating by H&M (Kevin sent it out for coating)
Talley Signature bases and Screw Lock rings
Leupold 6x42 LRD eek

In Wyoming:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In Idaho:

In Utah:

Shoots well, this is a 5-shot group. This is about as well as I ever shoot, the rifle is probably capable of better but I'm not! And looks like I air mailed a flyer at the top. Group was still less than 1 inch for 5 shots, plenty good for me. It's 160-grain Accubonds.

Load data:
Velocity around 3135 fps. No pressure signs. I could push it more but good accuracy, good velocity, I'm not going to mess with that.

The nitride is pretty terrific. I really like that the two different steels look identical. This is likely not the last rifle I have nitrided by H&M. And Kevin is about to work on fitting an Echols Shrike on my Remington 7 Mashburn, then I'll have a wood and synthetic Mashburn pair.