I feel your pain!
I have a 6.5 PRC built on a BigHorn SR 3 long action and wishing I had been more thorough with my homework. My build is similar to yours but my plan was to use the long action and configure the build as a "switch barrel" between the 6.5 PRC and .300 WM. both using Bartlein #3b barrels. I was assured this could be done without issues...mistake #1.
Build consisted of:
BigHorn SR 3 long action
Bartlein #3b fluted finished at 26"
Hawkins BDL bottom metal
Trigger Tech Special trigger
McMillan Game Scout stock
Let me first say the rifle shoots both the 6.5 PRC and .300WM extremely well accuracy wise, no complaints there, but the feeding from the magazine has been a problem from the get go in both.
I thought that maybe a stronger magazine spring might help as I had read somewhere that others with feeding problems (other calibers/rifles) had installed stronger magazine springs that helped. I posted the question as to where stronger springs could be acquired in another thread but so far no luck.
In hindsight, I would not have built the rifle with the switch barrel option and researched more as to an action that would more suit the 6.5 PRC round using a BDL style bottom metal.
Plan to watch your thread and see if someone will chime in with some suggestions that will hopefully help us both.
rookie

NRA Life member

"You can't fix stupid"