Not trying to be argumentative, but you're quoting information published on a non-official website: https://nfa.ca/2005/02/25/antique-and-blackpowder-firearms/ which also states this:

"On the other hand, an “antique firearm” is still a “firearm” for the purposes of all sections of the Criminal Code other than those listed above. For example, an “antique firearm” is a “firearm” for the purposes of CC s. 85 (using while committing an offence), 86 (storage and transportation rules — but the rules for “antique firearms” are very mild), 87 (points a firearm at another person), 88 (possession for a purpose dangerous to the public peace), 89 (possession at or on the way to a public meeting, and 90 (carrying a weapon [see CC s. 2 “weapon” and “firearm”] concealed)."

The two highlighted items are what would most concern me because it would be simple for the police to manufacture a charge against you. If you carry it concealed, you're jacked. If you carry it open, you're dangerous to the public peace.

I'd much rather see something from the gov't - and preferably case law, before I relied on this to carry a loaded antique firearm.

Don't get me wrong, I saw one at a gun show a couple of weeks ago that I'd love to own. I just don't believe that the anti-gun gov't that enacted the Firearms Act left that big a hole in it.