Picarden repellents are working better for me than DEET. I use both but with the Picarden the mosquitos don't land on you. When hunting I rub diluted Cedar oil on any exposed skin, it works as a cover scent and a repellent. Most of the conifer oils will work. They cover up the other repellent smells. The same for Deeps Woods Off it has a sort of pine or cedar smell to it and I could use that when bow hunting. It is easy to make your own by making a strong tea with the needles I throw this in the wash on the final rinse and throw some fresh needles in the dryer too. It helps cover up that gamey smell I get after a couple of days of hunting and camping. This and campfire smoke helps with mosquitoes too.

For hot weather if you get a bug suit get the two layer type that stays off your skin, they are much more effective. One friend wore a bee keepers suit and that really kept the mosquitoes off. They are more functionally made than some of the mosquito only suits.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli