Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Lead sled= Hell no. Sand bag= hell yes.... Nuff said.. If you value your rifle, you won't use a lead sled. If you need a lead sled, you don't need to be shooting.

Read a lot on them. Seems if you tie the gun down and use extra weight it could be an issue.

I have one in AK. I use it testing ammo in the 458 win mag. I'm not as tough as I used to be, even back then I would put a bag of lead shot between heavy recoiling guns and my shoulder.

I won't tie the guns down. I don't add weight. I"ve never had an issue with a lead sled or other things that supposedly are bad.

No big deal working around the gun to use the sled, really easy once you get used to it.

That said I use a front rest and rear bunny? bag. Easy enough to use too if I'm using a rest to check loads or zero in.

So I'm gonna guess I dont' need to be shooting at least with 458, and to be honest since the sled was out I used it on the 284 too. very nice. Guess I'll sell all my stuff now.

So much of EVERYTHING these days needs to be used with common sense, but thats not very common anymore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....