Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by Gumbo
What kind of shoes do you wear to walk on metal roofs? Tried to clean my gutters on barn roof wearing work boots & damn near went down.

I used to have a seamless gutter business as a side job.

Barefoot ,hospital socks or wrestling shoes.

my old house had a steel roof and we had a new born baby, and our septic plugged up bad, rather than pull the toilet I figured I'd run the snake down the vent pipe.

So here I am 2 AM in the rain barefoot (to slick for the boots) in my underwear snaking out the line, the horrible neighbors are having a huge fight (I really didn't care) and around the corner come 4 cop cars, One of the cops sees me half naked on the roof and shines his spot on me gets out of his car and says what are you doing? And I got the opportunity to say "chitters Full"

Waited my whole life to say that didn't think I'd be soaking wet in the middle of the night in my underwear saying it to a cop but it almost makes the story better.

So long story short steel roofs are awesome but slick as snot on a glass door knob.

Last edited by WyoCowboy; 11/14/19.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson