Originally Posted by J23
I seen a review on Gunblast I think it was not too long ago. I like it for an "around the farm" kinda gun. Stainless. Handy. I would be tempted to replace the wood with a nice piece of walnut though...

Gunblast's review (the one I checked) was Nov. 2013 and seemed pretty positive. The wood of the stock is pretty soft. Given that it's rubber-covered anyway, they could have used some otherwise nondescript HARD wood, which would be more resistant to the odd bump or ding. Also, the screws holding the forend cap onto the bar dovetailed into the barrel are pretty small and of soft-ish steel. If you lose one, you're hooped as they are I think metric. I'd advise securing them with LocTite. In fact, I've done this with most of the screws. The forend capi itself is kinda lightweight, possibly made of Zamac. None of this makes it a "bad" gun but it suggests that some details are more cosmetic than durable. But there's no question that it makes for a very trim package. I've just swapped out the (otherwise excellent) Skinner sight for a Bushnell red dot and hope to get to the range to sight it in.

Last edited by Stuart; 11/15/19.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.