I started out with a Lyman Universal. That POS wouldn't trim a case mouth square no matter what...I swapped it, but I shoulda thrown it in the Rio Grande.

I ended up with an RCBS, then discovered 3-way cutters and trim gauges. Got heavily invested in that, then converted it all to power when that became available. Now I've got quite a few bucks invested in my trimming system. I can't complain too much because it's relatively quick considering all it does in one pass. Chamfering has got to be the biggest PITA in reloading, especially if your hands are starting to get arthritic.

If I was starting over, I don't know which direction I'd take. Lotsa very good choices out there.

One thing I discovered about the later RCBS case trimmer with the improved shell holder setup...those little studs that restrain the shell holder can loosen and begin to back out. If you're using one make sure they're nice and snug. A little Loctite might be a good idea here.

I think RCBS should bring Trim Gauges back. I guess they didn't sell and that's why they discontinued them, but they're a great tool. I can change from trimming .30-06 brass to .220 Swift in about 30 seconds without adjusting a thing (and chamfering is already DONE!). I think RCBS did a poor job of marketing them, and that's why they're no longer available.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.