I have a post 64 LA factory stock that will not quit moving. I am fond of the walnut stock and the blind magazine. I feel my problems may originate in that area. I have sealed the inside with several coats of shellac.

It supports a 25-06 sub MOA barreled action. When I aquired the rifle it had some shims in the recoil lug area. I glassed bedded the action, floated the barrel and was able to achieve sub moa groups. The following year I had a serious vertical string. I had to remove more material in the barrel channel. Back to sub moa. The following year I again had some vertical stringing, but the barrel was still free. I removed all existing bedding compound and pillar bedded it. Sub moa again. The following year it had flexed enough to place a strain on the action strong enough to wear the jeweling from the top of the bolt. I used it a year with the rear action screw barely tight. Still shot moa.

I replaced it with a Hogue Overmold, let my wife use it and left it at that.

She has taken a shine to a nice little Model 7 CDL. I guess I get it back now and I would like to know if there is some miracle compound that will penetrate and stabilize that OEM stock.