Old goat up the road from the cabin used to fetch his round bales in and stack 'em as high as his loader reached - Four, three, two then one row on top, IIRC? Then he tarped them with huge plastic tarps, tied down with old tires as "anchor weights". Well, one year his grandsons did the tarping. Month later when I was up, there he was on top of the pile, rasslin' loose tarps back into place. I think he was 79 or 80 at the time?

Stopped and helped him get everything back where he wanted it, held the extension ladder.for him to get back down again. Cussing the entire time about how [bleep] worthless kids were and if you wanted it done right, do it yourself. Miserable ol' cuss, like that ever since I knew him from kid on up. One of the other farmers came by as we were about done. Later stopped at the cabin to needle me about sucking up to ol' grumpass.

smile

The old devil is gone now. His oldest son and grand kids now just bring the bales in and let 'em sit near the beef barn. No more super stacks on that place. As of this past September, half the bales were still scattered out in the field. Most of the folks around there round bale once, then turn the cattle into the fields to graze, w/electric fences up...

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.