A few general comments:

It takes me less than a minute to saw through one side of the pelvis, then lift the tail and break it wide open. In fact, have been timed doing the complete gut-job from throat to split pelvis and everything out in 2-3 minutes, just because my wife was curious, after having seen me do quite a few animals.

While the gutless method sure saves weight, it also can result in tough meat, because of contraction of the major muscle groups if they're separated from the bone while warm. Which is why we prefer either taking most of the carcass out, field-dressed, or at most taking off the hindquarters off at the hip joint, slicing off the shoulders whole, etc, if we have to break one down.

The worst thing you can do is slice the meat from the bone while the muscles are still in rigor mortis. Yet have seen numerous hunters do that with the "filets" under the rear spine, as soon as they get the deer back to camp--and then slice them thin and fry them too much, resulting in VERY tough meat.

But the main point is that it depends on the specific animal (they are not standard products, like 2-year-old cornfed steers), plus temperature, state of rigor mortis, aging etc.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck