I was hunting on a half section of low fence cattle pasture and was scanning thru my binoculars along the tree/brush line and found him standing at the edge of the brush. As I was getting my scope on him he was turning to go back into cover. At the first shot I'm almost sure I hit him but he didn't flinch, jerk, or buck, just kept casually walking away. I kept shooting 2nd and 3rd shots as I could see him slowly walking thru the brush and trees and then he was gone.

After giving him about half an hour I went to check and found him laying about 40 yards from where I first shot. He had one hit where the tipped TSX 168 had passed thru behind his shoulder missing major bone. Evidently the other two rounds I had fired were deflected in the brush or had hit some branches.

There were no scales available, but he was much broader across the rump than some other bucks hanging in the barn. One guy examined his teeth and seemed confident he was more than six years of age. In comparing him in my memory of some mule deer I had been around that were weighed, I'm guessing he would field dress about 170 and live weight a bit over 200.