Got up before the dawn Sunday morning, got into my blind at 6:10 and at 6:55 a yearling doe walked out of the brush. I normally trophy hunt but for the last 8 years the sniveling from the wife over eating tough old bucks ( and the call I got Saturday night!) made this deer the target animal. Bullet hit just a bit higher than center chest 5 inches behind the shoulder. The doe took off spewing blood, I saw it as she ran 30 or so yards. Awesome blood trail. Got my Catahoula cur out (Amber) and took her to the spot I shot the deer and there is a 3 foot long spray of blood and lung tissue. She gets right on it and follows it right to the deer, cool. Entrance hole in ribs one of which is centered is pretty close to bore size but the exit took out 3 ribs making a sort of Squarish hole 2 inches across in the ribs and the hide. The load being 47.0 grains of H414, Winchester 7-08 case, CCI 250 and the 145 gr. Speer BTSP which leaves my 18 1/2 inch barreled 7-08 at 2745 fps. My favorite truck rifle.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]