Anyone have 1st hand experience with the 270 Gold dot/DeepCurl? This bullet has really caught my interest.

They work fine in a Ruger Deerfield. Never tried them in a muzzleloader. In the Deerfield my wife killed a 300 or so pound boar on a Women's NRA commercial hunt in Tennessee with the 270gr factory load. One shoulder shot and down. Bullet not recovered. I've loaded them with I think 22gr H110 but might have been 21gr, I'll have to check. Killed a 150something pound buck down thru the right shoulder blade and found it well expanded low just behind the left rib cage. He was maybe 15 yards out and staggered off another 20 or so. Killed another about the same size thru both shoulders but missing bone and he ran maybe 50 yards. Rib cage and innards showed good expansion and complete penetration. Doe at maybe 75 yards in the neck down and dead, bullet thru and thru. Pretty sure you can get .44 mag velocity with that bullet in a muzzleloader without much trouble.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."