Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
No. Remington can't figure out how to make a decent barrel anymore. SOME of 'em will shoot after being recrowned with a Manson Crowning Tool, but not all. No more "pigs in a poke" for me. I'll do it right from scratch. If I can't raise the funds to build what I want I've got plenty of stuff to shoot already.

I have finally reached that point myself Pard! While I've had the heavier Sporters Mod 700s shoot just fine, the slender barreled Mountain Rifles are 50/50. The Mod 70 FWTs are the same! In fact, I've owned 2 Mod 70 FWTs in 7x57 that refused to shoot under 2" with any kind of consistency, same with several Mod 700 MRs. I heard a lot about the new WBY Vanguard S2, even has a "Sub MOA" Guarantee! I bought one in 240WBY, "just to see" it was a shooter. The rifle itself "looked very well made", check, cleaned and torqued it to factory specs. Check. Put a known, accurate 3x9 on it, check, and a known accurate handload with Hunter/87 Hornady HP. Check. 1 3/4 best it would do too! Also, wouldn't feed reliably ( 240Wby has a belt) kept hanging up right before leaving magazine. The new "2 stage trigger"...wonderful! Easily adjusted, and crisp! Too bad, no way I'm sinking anymore money in that thing, sold it! My last "accurate rifle" I bought, with zero work done to it, is a Christiansen Arms Mesa in 300WM. Bonafide shooter! It just took me selling 3 good rifles I had in order to get the money to afford it! ha.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/19/19.